In the present day, your social media presence says a lot about you, and it is an effective way for future employers to learn about you. LinkedIn is the leading business social network, and it makes sense that you should optimise LinkedIn to enhance your chances of impressing future employers. However, you shouldn’t overlook the impact your other social media accounts can have, and this is why you should take the time to review what your social media sites say about you, and think about what you want them to say.
At Global Solution Services, we are pleased to say we have helped many people improve their social media pages. Whether you are skilled or have no experience at all, we are on hand to ensure you present yourself in the best manner.
Set the right impression
With the right information, your social media page acts as a CV, and it can bring you to the attention of employers. You can use social media to look for jobs and connect with businesses, but companies can do the same with you.
This is why it is vital you optimise your LinkedIn page, and if you are looking for guidance on how to achieve this, Global Solution Services is here to help.
Some quick tips to consider when creating a better LinkedIn page include:
- Choose a professional and welcoming photograph for your profile picture
- Add a background photo to your page
- Your headline should say more about you than just a job title
- You should turn your summary into a story, as this helps you connect with people
- Avoid buzzwords that turn people off or give the wrong impression
- You should network via LinkedIn
- List the skills you have
- Showcase the services you offer
- Manage your endorsements and provide endorsements to others
- Undertake skills assessments to show how qualified you are for certain tasks
- Complete tasks or courses on LinkedIn Learning
- Share relevant content that appears on your LinkedIn feed
- Be sure to comment
- Follow the leaders in your industry and sector
This might seem like a lengthy list, but a lot of the tips don’t take a lot of time or effort. If you are looking to connect with businesses and the right jobs, you will find that these steps provide you with the platform to achieving success on LinkedIn.
At Global Solution Services, we appreciate many people are uncertain or lacking in confidence when it comes to social networking for their career. However, we are here to assist you as best we can, and if you want guidance on how a great social platform will help you in 2021, we are more than happy to help.
If you would like to learn more about how you can get your career back on track, we can help. At Global Solution Services, we offer a range of remote training courses, aimed at ensuring you move forward during these challenging times. You can find out more about our training support by visiting our site, or by contacting us online