A poll carried out by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), which spoke to 520 business leaders, found close to half of London companies expect staff who can work from home to do so up to five days a week.
The same study found that smaller firms are more likely than bigger firms to press ahead with remote working plans.
Richard Burge, the chief executive officer of LCCI, said; “Many businesses have already made decisions regarding their premises and ways of working once restrictions are lifted. It’s about what business has judged best for the bottom line or productivity of their company.”
Janine Chamberlin is the U.K. country manager at LinkedIn, and she said; “Hybrid working will also help open up jobs to people who may have previously been locked out of them due to location, disability or care-giving responsibilities.”
We help you deal with the new normal
At Global Solution Services, we know it has been tough coming to terms with the “new normal” with respect to remote working. Working from home splits opinions, and as we move forward, there will be a lot of debate as to whether we should return to the city.
Many people, especially people whose business interests are connected with huge numbers of people working in the city every day, are outspoken in driving people back to the office. Many others feel that time wasted on commuting is no longer necessary.
There are also concerns about how safe it is for people to return back to the office, and this is why remote working will remain popular.
Where would you like to work from?
The Euronews website listed the best cities for commuting, if anyone was determined to take remote working to the extreme!
- For lovers of culture: Berlin, Germany
- For the quiet getaway: Rijeka, Croatia
- For the hustle and bustle: Sydney, Australia
- For coastal living: Valencia, Spain
- For working on a budget: Tallinn, Estonia
- For the intellectual: Krakow, Poland
The Global Solution Services training package for managing remote teams includes:
- How to provide effective remote support for small and large teams
- Considering the benefits and challenges of working remotely for you and team
- Understanding how to motivate different personality types
- Setting realistic achievable and accountable expectations
- Exploring effective communication channels and apps
- Running online meetings successfully
- Optimizing daily structures to work smarter not harder
- Practical tips on health and safety at home
- Advice on security and handling sensitive data
- Developing and flexing your leadership style to meet team and business needs
The expected outcomes of the training package are:
- Understanding how to maintain productivity through challenging times
- Managing over and under productivity to maintain balance
- Ensuring trust, commitment and team connection
- Effective and continuous working practices for all involved
If you would like to learn more about how you can manage your team remotely, we can help. At Global Solution Services, we offer a range of remote training courses, aimed at ensuring you move forward during these challenging times. You can find out more about our training support by visiting our site, or by contacting us online. We look forward to assisting you.