In the current climate, many businesses face a range of challenges. Remote working has transformed the way employees work on a daily basis, and this presents new challenges. Many companies have experienced issues in time management, and in ensuring employees remain motivated at this time.
If you are looking for assistance in these areas, contact Global Solution Services as we offer training services aimed at helping you, your colleagues and employees.
What are the benefits of time management?
Some of the leading benefits of time management are:
- It helps people to lower their stress levels
- It helps people to deliver a higher standard of work
- It assists people to meet deadlines
- It improves workplace productivity
- It reduces the need or desire to procrastinate
- It helps to reduce the potential for team conflict
- It creates more opportunity for success
- It develops trust, reliability and respect
- It helps people to feel more confident in themselves and their abilities
- It allows more time for other activities and tasks
- What are the leading skills associated with time management?
- Some of the leading skills associated with time management include:
- The ability to organise and see the full picture when planning what needs to be done
- The ability to prioritise tasks to ensure goals are met and projects move forward
- The ability to set goals and communicate these goals to others
- The ability to plan a working day or project to maximise the return of effort
- The ability to delegate tasks to ensure you get the best return from your own efforts while ensuring the project moves forward
- Managing stress and maintaining a positive level of mental health
Remaining motivated is crucial
If you lack motivation, or your team isn’t motivated to carry out work, a business is likely to struggle. You will find time management skills help you to maintain motivation, allowing companies to move forward with tasks.
A good leader will not only ensure they feel motivated to work, they will find ways to motivate their team members.
Ways to motivate team members
While financial incentives are the most effective ways to motivate employees, many companies don’t have this option in the current climate. Therefore, businesses need to find ways to motivate their employees without resorting to payments. Ways to motivate team members include:
- Provide them with suitable work conditions and facilities
- Ensure they have access to necessary and reliable software
- Provide training and offer a pathway for career development
- Look for ways to encourage collaboration in projects
- Don’t be quick to punish failure
- Have clear and achievable goals in place, and help people to achieve these goals
- Avoid micro-managing people, allow them to take some form of responsibility
- Don’t fill working days with unnecessary meetings
If you would like to improve your time management or ensure your staff has the capabilities to manage their time, we can help. At Global Solution Services, we offer a range of remote training courses, aimed at ensuring your company moves forward during these challenging times. You can find out more about our remote training for wellbeing courses by visiting our site, or by contacting us online.