It’s natural to feel anxious at times. It can be scary when you don’t know what the future holds for you and your career. Workplace coaching is an option that will help move you in the direction of your goals, whether it’s finding a new job or changing careers altogether.
As you are looking for a new job, it is important to review your CV. A good way to do this is by asking yourself the following questions:
- What does my CV say about me?
- Is there anything I can add that would make the information on my CV more relevant?
- Would anyone reading this be interested in hiring me?
- If not, what needs to change so they would be interested in hiring me?
- Is there any information on my CV that might turn them off from hiring me now or in the future because it isn’t true or doesn’t accurately represent who I am today and their company culture?
This might feel like a lot of questions, but it is best to be aware of these questions now, and be in a position to answer, than to think about them for the first time during an interview. Our training will ensure you are well equipped to deal with these questions, and many others, when you submit your CV or make your way to the interview process.
Interview preparation and coaching
Has it been a while since you last had a job interview, or perhaps you have never sat one of these interviews before now?
If so, it is time to take your interview skills up a notch. Interview coaching can help prepare you for the next round of interviews and improve the quality of your responses. Here are some tips on how to ace an interview:
- Know what questions will be asked and research the company beforehand
- Prepare answers ahead of time in case they ask about topics not covered by your research
- Practice presenting yourself as a confident professional with strong communication skills
Personal branding is one of the most important things you can do when applying for a job. It’s not just your resume, but also what other people say about you on social media that will catch employers’ attention.”
A compelling personal brand includes both the professional and the personal side of who you are. Your blog posts, your social media posts, and your content should give an accurate representation of who you are as a person and as an employee.
If you would like to learn more about how you can bounce back after a redundancy, we can help. At Global Solution Services, we offer a range of remote training courses, aimed at ensuring you move forward during these challenging times. You can find out more about our training support by visiting our site, or by contacting us online.