While social networking sites are an excellent way to stay in touch with friends and family members, you may also be able to develop your career through social sites. Not all social sites are the same, and if you are looking to actively strengthen your career through the use of social networking sites, LinkedIn is the leading platform.
Benefits of being on LinkedIn
If you are not currently on LinkedIn, or you need persuading as to why it is useful to be on, take the time to consider these benefits of being on LinkedIn:
- HR professionals and recruiters use LinkedIn so you can connect with people who help you move forward
- LinkedIn hosts many job listings, so it is a good place to be active
- You can receive and offer testimonials and endorsements
- LinkedIn offers networking possibilities
- LinkedIn hosts professional groups which allow you to connect with like-minded professionals
- You can see who is connecting with your profile, providing you with targeted connecting possibilities
- It is easier to update an online CV than a paper CV
- You can read updates from people you trust and who you wish to follow
- LinkedIn is a brilliant way to carry out research
Making the most of your LinkedIn profile
If you want to make a quick improvement to your LinkedIn profile, consider the following steps:
- Be active in LinkedIn groups and then curate them, making sure your choices are relevant to you
- If you were in Higher Education, make sure you are involved with alumni groups
- Make sure your current responsibilities and key traits are listed, and that you can respond to questions or queries on them
- Review your skills and endorsements to ensure they are of merit and benefit to you
- Customise your LinkedIn URL to something that is more relevant to you
- If there are reasons for people to provide you with a reference, ask them to give you a reference
- Ensure you have a good-quality LinkedIn image which exudes confidence
- Make sure you are following the right people
- Create a headline which attracts users to your profile
- If you are employed in a business, connect with fellow employees
However, it is vital you tailor your LinkedIn profile to your needs. It is best to speak with an expert about this, and this is why we are pleased to offer you specialist training and guidance. At Global Solution Services, we aim to help you develop your LinkedIn profile in a manner that helps you stand out for all the right reasons.
Our career coaching provides you with an understanding of how to utilise social media, and what platforms are right for you. By becoming a recognisable company with traits and skills, you enhance your chances of developing your career correctly, and in good time.
When it comes to developing your starting a business or trying something new, we can help. Contact Global Solution Services today to find out more about our career coaching classes and the ways we can propel your career forward.